Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blogger's block


The posts have been few and far between, I know. How do other bloggers do it, what with their daily posts and general ranting and raving. Wait, I know: They don't have to show up at an office every day, stay there for 10 hours, and spend an hour commuting each way. Well, maybe some do, but here's the rub: Blogs are blocked at my office. It's like being marooned on a desert island. Your friends say "Did you see such-and-such on Gawker?" and you're like, "No, I've told you a thousand times that it's blocked." I suppose the policy makes sense, in a totalitarian way. I wouldn't get much done if I had access to blogs all day long.

Anyway, I did just have a couple of new ideas. For one thing, I've been wanting to do another installment of my Office Art series ever since I saw some Joan Mitchell prints (see her self-portrait above) on the other side of my floor. Yet another tragic placement of very large prints along a narrow, poorly lit hallway - guaranteeing that no one will really see them, let alone appreciate them.

But I am more excited about another idea. I am going to highlight some artists I know - or in some cases have known, for they are no longer with us. It's only a tiny handful, so it shouldn't take long to run through them. More to come...

No comments: