Thursday, October 26, 2006


Tonight, art journalist (and blogger) Lisa Hunter officially launched her book The Intrepid Art Collector: The Beginner's Guide to Finding, Buying, and Appreciating Art on a Budget. Lisa (who is actually cuter and prettier than her photo), is a charming and engaging speaker. Her advice is pragmatic and realistic, and tailored to those of us who are not in a position to make a career out of collecting. My favorite line of the evening was her characterization of contemporary art as New York’s “contact sport,” in lieu of a football team. Lisa, I’m sorry I didn’t hang around to meet you but I have to be up at 5 a.m. tomorrow. I hope you’re throwing a few back at Otto.

2 comments:

Lisa Hunter said...

Thanks for coming to the reading. If you're interested, I'm having a party at Winkleman/Plus Ultra on November 16, at 7 pm. Email me for more particulars.
Cheers!
Lisa

Porcupine said...

Thanks, I will!